Hello, I’m Jim Holthaus
In addition to the great state of Tennessee, I represent the beautiful region surrounding the Great Lakes, including Ontario, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. I come to you with many years of experience and hope to share some of this with you. My Career Highlights Include: Professional:
- More than 32 years of management-level experience in the hospitality industry, which includes time spent in riverboat excursions, restaurants, CVBs and publishing-advertising sales.
- 14 years in the riverboat industry, including the positions of captain, sales and marketing director and start-up general manager for BB Riverboats based out of the greater Cincinnati area. My time there included a full year spent at the 1982 World’s Fair in Knoxville, Tenn. and other various projects. I still go back to work as a pilot at tall stacks every two to four years when the festival takes place.
- Executive Director and CEO of the Southern West Virginia CVB. The Beckley-New River Gorge, W. Va. area encompassed a nine-county regional destination-marketing organization. During my tenure, I was awarded the State of West Virginia’s Tourism Person of the Year. I hold a CEO accreditation from the International Association of CVBs.
- Current position is Media Consultant for Group Tour Media, publisher of Group Tour Magazine, Student Group Tour magazine and Spotlight e-magazine. My efforts have made me top sales executive for six straight years.
- Helped secure and develop state group-tour planner publications for Ohio and Michigan, with hopefully more to come!
- Father to Helen and Henry. I live in Lexington, Ky.
- Attended Roger Bacon Catholic High School in Cincinnati and the University of Cincinnati.
- Third Degree Knight of Columbus. Recognized as Knight of the Year for my council in 2008-09.
- Coach both Little League baseball and youth basketball.
- Love to follow my UC Bearcats football and basketball teams, and am a Cincinatti fan of the Reds and Bengals!
- Most enjoyable thing for me is to watch my two children perform, on the field, in the gym, and with their music as well as just watching them grow up!
Quirky Special Items About Me You Probably Didn’t Know:
- In 1983, I saved two elderly women in a second-floor house fire! Both survived!
- Only guy you’ll probably ever meet that cooked dinner for Mr. Frank Sinatra, TWICE!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Representing the states and provinces of:
Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Ontario, Tennessee, Wisconsin