SAUSALITO, Calif. — International Tour Management Institute is inviting tourism industry professionals to participate in its first Southwestern National Parks Master Class, Nov. 6–9.
The four-day, three-night motorcoach tour begins in Tucson, Arizona, and ends in Las Vegas, Nevada. Master Class participants will receive a special Master Class Certificate for the Southwestern National Parks.
- Understanding various types of guests and how to design your day to meet their needs
- Incorporating the “five senses” into your commentary, storytelling and destination knowledge
- Making your guests feel welcome and creating rapport on the first day of a tour
- Dealing successfully with long days on the motor coach
- Technology and how to effectively use it on the motorcoach and throughout the tour
- Day 1 Depart Tucson, Phoenix / Scottsdale, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon and Grand Canyon
- Day 2 Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Navajo Nation and Monument Valley Jeep Tour
- Day 3 Glen Canyon Dam, Lake Powell, Kanab and Bryce Canyon
- Day 4 Bryce, Zion and end in Las Vegas
Who should participate in the Master Class:
The Southwestern National Parks class is open to all tourism professionals. ITMI encourages the participation of tour guides, convention and visitors bureau staff, destination marketing organization staff and any other individuals who interact with tour guests and VIPs.
“This special master class will be of tremendous value to anyone who is responsible for leading a group or showcasing a destination or attraction,” said Joan Keddell, ITMI president.
First-class coach transportation will be provided by Holiday Motor Coach. A leader in the green revolution and a sustainable tourism trailblazer, the company has invested in new, clean-diesel motorcoaches. This innovative technology reduces particulate matter (black smoke) by 90 percent and nitrogen oxides by 52 percent.
For more information about the Master Class visit: http://www.itmitourtraining.com/southwest-national-parks-master-class/
Since 1976, ITMI has been America’s premier training and certification program for professional tour directors, guides, motorcoach drivers and travel staff.