As many of you know, Group Tour Media partnered with Signet Research to run two reader recall surveys in 2018. To our knowledge, this is the first time any group travel publisher offered the ability to hear directly from their readers about the usefulness of advertising in their publication.
Well, the results are now in for both 2018 surveys and we’re very pleased with what we’ve heard!
Here’s some highlights:
– Roughly 25% of respondents said Group Tour Magazine was the only group trade publication they receive
– 75% said they read at least 3 out of the 4 issues sent, with the closest competitor at 40%
– 95% said they are involved in choosing one or more of the suppliers involved in future trips
– An average of 61% of respondents recalled seeing ads shown them from the issue, and 56% said they remember reading the ad in question, while 62% took some kind of action after seeing the ad
– Size was not the determining factor for success. Full page ads averaged higher recall for both seeing and taking action overall, but individual ads did not follow a linear improvement as size went up. Quality of message and frequency seem a much better determiner of success than simply size of ad
– An average of 10% of action takers said they called the advertiser or visited their website and 25% said they either recommended or bought from that advertiser!
Needless to say, we’re very pleased to be able to show proof that our audience is highly engaged with the advertisers in our magazines. Its a testament to all of the hard work our circulation department does to find and retain quality readers, the editorial staff’s dedication to bringing our readers interesting and relevant information that makes them continue to read every issue as it arrives, and our production department’s skill at producing a high quality, eye-pleasing magazine issue after issue.
Lastly, it shows that when you have excellent partners great things can happen, so since this is the season of giving thanks please let me say a huge THANK YOU!! to all our current advertisers that help make a great team better. Many of you aren’t just customers but also friends and I value our relationship greatly.
I hope everyone has a great holiday season and let’s work together to make 2019 awesome!